Wembley and Old Trafford beckons for Fenland sports photographer after signing deal with English Schools FA
A SPORTS photographer from Fenland has been called up by the English Schools FA to capture the country’s budding stars in action.
Robert Windle, of Whittlesey and RWT Photography, will be the official photographer for the ESFA for the next two seasons. This will involve him filming and taking photos at a minimum of 20 national finals and two under-18 internationals that Sky are not covering.
The 47-year-old said: “I’m really looking forward to the challenge. Over the last few years I’ve been privileged to film at Wembley Stadium twice, Old Trafford, Anfield and the City of Manchester Stadium.
“In fact I have only 19 grounds left to complete the full set of 92. I’ve filmed Michael Carrick and Chris Smalling, both now at Manchester United, before they made it to the big time and I’ve met lots of sports celebrities along the way.
“I’ve been so fortunate to be able to take young photographers with me to help out who have then also been able to taste a big match atmosphere too.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Windle, better known in footballing circles for organising midweek 7-a-side leagues in Peterborough and training referees across Fenland, started filming local league and county cup finals in 1988.
His first ESFA event is Friday’s Centenary Shield between England and Northern Ireland at Telford.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’