Wembley and Old Trafford beckons for Fenland sports photographer after signing deal with English Schools FA
A SPORTS photographer from Fenland has been called up by the English Schools FA to capture the country’s budding stars in action.
Robert Windle, of Whittlesey and RWT Photography, will be the official photographer for the ESFA for the next two seasons. This will involve him filming and taking photos at a minimum of 20 national finals and two under-18 internationals that Sky are not covering.
The 47-year-old said: “I’m really looking forward to the challenge. Over the last few years I’ve been privileged to film at Wembley Stadium twice, Old Trafford, Anfield and the City of Manchester Stadium.
“In fact I have only 19 grounds left to complete the full set of 92. I’ve filmed Michael Carrick and Chris Smalling, both now at Manchester United, before they made it to the big time and I’ve met lots of sports celebrities along the way.
“I’ve been so fortunate to be able to take young photographers with me to help out who have then also been able to taste a big match atmosphere too.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Windle, better known in footballing circles for organising midweek 7-a-side leagues in Peterborough and training referees across Fenland, started filming local league and county cup finals in 1988.
His first ESFA event is Friday’s Centenary Shield between England and Northern Ireland at Telford.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 10 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend