West End producer Bill Kenwright to re-open Peterborough’s Broadway Theatre promising ‘something for everyone to enjoy’
- Credit: Archant
Bill Kenwright is set to re-open the Broadway Theatre in Peterborough this month.
Returning for its winter season, the re-opening is said to be giving the town’s ‘no. 1 venue’ a ‘new lease of life’.
Mr Kenwright said: “I really hope there is something here for everyone to enjoy.
“Peterborough is a terrific city and last time around it was clear to me that the people of Peterborough want, deserve and support top quality theatrical productions.”
The West End producer will present award-winning shows including Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar, which opens on November 17 and features West End stars Glenn Carter and Tim Rogers as Jesus and Judas and X Factor finalist Rachel Adedeji as Mary Magdalene.
You may also want to watch:
Then from Wednesday 2 to Saturday 12 December, the hills will come alive with a new production of The Sound of Music as the film reaches its 50th anniversary.
The following week from Tuesday 15 to Thursday 17 December, Dr Seuss’s The Cat In The Hat comes to town before Miracle on 34th Street, the musical, arrives for two nights on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 December.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
On Sunday 20, Christmas Magic, featuring the Peterborough Male Voice Choir under the direction of Will Prideaux will be the penultimate show.
Ending the winter season, Willy Russell’s Blood Brothers will be performed from Tuesday 12 – Saturday 16 January.
For tickets visit www.thebroadwaypeterborough.co.uk or tel the box office on 01733 822225.