West End star to appear in Jack and the Beanstalk at Ely Maltings
- Credit: Archant
A seasoned West End performer has been appointed to the title role of Ely’s first professional pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk, due to open on Boxing Day.
The original leading lady dropped out just before rehearsals began, so local producers Daniel Bell and Katherine Hickmott held emergency auditions in London.
Daniel said: “I was delighted when we saw Rachel, she is the perfect principal boy. She has been in five amazing West End musicals, and it will be great for Ely to have a West End quality production right on their doorstep.”
Rachel’s theatre credits include: most recently WAG! The Musical (Charing Cross Theatre); Billy Elliot (Victoria Palace), Mary Poppins (Prince Edward) The Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang both at The London Palladium.
Rachel will star alongside local comedian Terry Gauci as the King, along with Dominic Owen as Silly billy and Daniel Bell as Dame Trott.
You may also want to watch:
The show runs at Ely Maltings from December 26 to January 14. Tickets are available from the box office on 01638 781037 or online at www.kdtheatre.co.uk
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 5 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response