West End star to appear in Jack and the Beanstalk at Ely Maltings
- Credit: Archant
A seasoned West End performer has been appointed to the title role of Ely’s first professional pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk, due to open on Boxing Day.
The original leading lady dropped out just before rehearsals began, so local producers Daniel Bell and Katherine Hickmott held emergency auditions in London.
Daniel said: “I was delighted when we saw Rachel, she is the perfect principal boy. She has been in five amazing West End musicals, and it will be great for Ely to have a West End quality production right on their doorstep.”
Rachel’s theatre credits include: most recently WAG! The Musical (Charing Cross Theatre); Billy Elliot (Victoria Palace), Mary Poppins (Prince Edward) The Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang both at The London Palladium.
Rachel will star alongside local comedian Terry Gauci as the King, along with Dominic Owen as Silly billy and Daniel Bell as Dame Trott.
You may also want to watch:
The show runs at Ely Maltings from December 26 to January 14. Tickets are available from the box office on 01638 781037 or online at www.kdtheatre.co.uk
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 7 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s