West End star to appear in Jack and the Beanstalk at Ely Maltings
- Credit: Archant
A seasoned West End performer has been appointed to the title role of Ely’s first professional pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk, due to open on Boxing Day.
The original leading lady dropped out just before rehearsals began, so local producers Daniel Bell and Katherine Hickmott held emergency auditions in London.
Daniel said: “I was delighted when we saw Rachel, she is the perfect principal boy. She has been in five amazing West End musicals, and it will be great for Ely to have a West End quality production right on their doorstep.”
Rachel’s theatre credits include: most recently WAG! The Musical (Charing Cross Theatre); Billy Elliot (Victoria Palace), Mary Poppins (Prince Edward) The Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang both at The London Palladium.
Rachel will star alongside local comedian Terry Gauci as the King, along with Dominic Owen as Silly billy and Daniel Bell as Dame Trott.
You may also want to watch:
The show runs at Ely Maltings from December 26 to January 14. Tickets are available from the box office on 01638 781037 or online at www.kdtheatre.co.uk
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 9 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain