Whittlesey Christmas Extravaganza announces packed schedule of entertainment
- Credit: Archant
A business group is holding its annual Christmas Extravaganza on the Market Square on December 12.
The event, which has been organised by Whittlesey & District Business Forum and Friends, promises to be fun for all the family.
Santa has made a date in his busy diary to come and meet little ones in his grotto.
The Whittlesey Fire Engine, a steam engine and a Thursford organ will be on display.
New Road Molly, TwentyTwenty Youth Theatre, Pig Dyke Molly and Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band will all perform.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a Punch and Judy show, balloon modelling, fairground rides and charity stalls.
The Peterborough Citadel Salvation Army band and the voices of St Mary’s Choir and the Whittlesey Singers will close the event with a Christmas Carols concert.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
Whittlesey businesses are invited to stay open to add even more to the extravaganza, which runs from 5-8pm.