Whittlesey Festival – Don’t Miss it on Sunday September 6!
- Credit: Archant
With just days to go before the Festival on Sunday 06 September excitement is building as the Market Square and surrounding streets and buildings will be buzzing with fun and laughter.
Starting at 10am with a spectacular, colourful and musical parade from the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street, organisers would love as many people as possible to line the streets to see this wonderful display. The parade will make its way to the Market Square for the official opening by the Mayor of Whittlesey at 10.30am.
The air will be filled with music song and dance as there is a full programme of activities throughout the day finishing with a musical finale at 4pm.
Children can enjoy free (or subsidised) rides and amusements, puppets shows and face painting and there are numerous stalls for you to visit. New this year is the award winning The Haverettes all-girl marching band all the way from Essex, as well as the Rug-Cutters Lindy Hop dancers and a steel drum band.
Take a walk back in time with a display of over 100 Vintage vehicles and a World War two Dakota aircraft flypast. Visit the schools art exhibition with work from students at local schools on display at the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street
This really is a day not to be missed - see below for a summary of some of the things that you can experience on the day.
• World War II Flypast by Dakota aircraft
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
• Peterborough Highland Band,
• Haverettes All- Girl Marching Band
• Vintage Vehicle display
• Steel Drum Band
• Royal British Legion Riders Branch ( Motorcycles)
• Puppet Shows
• Dance Displays – including Street Dance, Lindy-hop, Flags
• Fairground Rides
• Free Face Painting – Market Square - (outside Whittlesey Christian Church marquee)
• Numerous Stalls
• Singers and Musicians
• Fairground Rides ( free or nominal charge)
• Majorettes – Farcet Dance and Twirl
• Schools Art Exhibition – Whittlesey Christian Church, Broad Street
• Football Speed Cage - test your football skills
• Climbing Walls , Bungee
• Stocks, Gladiator Challenge,
• Pony Rides (for nominal charge )
Organisers really hope you can join us on the day - with so many people and groups from the local and surrounding communities getting together we are confident this will be an event not to be missed.
If you would like more information about the Festival please contact Brian Smithyman on 01733 752093 or Jenny Parker on 01733 351005.