Whittlesey Festival – Don’t Miss it on Sunday September 6!
- Credit: Archant
With just days to go before the Festival on Sunday 06 September excitement is building as the Market Square and surrounding streets and buildings will be buzzing with fun and laughter.
Starting at 10am with a spectacular, colourful and musical parade from the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street, organisers would love as many people as possible to line the streets to see this wonderful display. The parade will make its way to the Market Square for the official opening by the Mayor of Whittlesey at 10.30am.
The air will be filled with music song and dance as there is a full programme of activities throughout the day finishing with a musical finale at 4pm.
Children can enjoy free (or subsidised) rides and amusements, puppets shows and face painting and there are numerous stalls for you to visit. New this year is the award winning The Haverettes all-girl marching band all the way from Essex, as well as the Rug-Cutters Lindy Hop dancers and a steel drum band.
Take a walk back in time with a display of over 100 Vintage vehicles and a World War two Dakota aircraft flypast. Visit the schools art exhibition with work from students at local schools on display at the Whittlesey Christian Church in Broad Street
You may also want to watch:
This really is a day not to be missed - see below for a summary of some of the things that you can experience on the day.
• World War II Flypast by Dakota aircraft
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 8 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
• Peterborough Highland Band,
• Haverettes All- Girl Marching Band
• Vintage Vehicle display
• Steel Drum Band
• Royal British Legion Riders Branch ( Motorcycles)
• Puppet Shows
• Dance Displays – including Street Dance, Lindy-hop, Flags
• Fairground Rides
• Free Face Painting – Market Square - (outside Whittlesey Christian Church marquee)
• Numerous Stalls
• Singers and Musicians
• Fairground Rides ( free or nominal charge)
• Majorettes – Farcet Dance and Twirl
• Schools Art Exhibition – Whittlesey Christian Church, Broad Street
• Football Speed Cage - test your football skills
• Climbing Walls , Bungee
• Stocks, Gladiator Challenge,
• Pony Rides (for nominal charge )
Organisers really hope you can join us on the day - with so many people and groups from the local and surrounding communities getting together we are confident this will be an event not to be missed.
If you would like more information about the Festival please contact Brian Smithyman on 01733 752093 or Jenny Parker on 01733 351005.