Popular Whittlesey festival aims to attract Fen music fans this Summer
- Credit: Archant
A popular Whittlesey festival aims to entice Fen music fans this summer.
Music on the Square will host a series of concerts at the Buttercross in Market Square, whose acts range from soul groups to DJs.
Six-piece soul band The Fedz will open the festival on Sunday, June 23, supported by soloist Stevie H.
The High Rollers then take to the stage on Sunday, July 21 accompanied by Dale Diamond.
To close the event, The Contacts will play an afternoon of motown and soul on Sunday, August 18, with DJ Steve Walsh also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
Each concert takes place between 2pm-6pm and are free of charge.
Cllr Kay Mayor, Chairman of Fenland District Council and Whittlesey Town Council's Community Projects Committee, said: "I hope as many people as possible come along to enjoy these free of charge concerts."
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
For more information, please contact Whittlesey Town Council on 01733 351296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.