Popular Whittlesey festival aims to attract Fen music fans this Summer
- Credit: Archant
A popular Whittlesey festival aims to entice Fen music fans this summer.
Music on the Square will host a series of concerts at the Buttercross in Market Square, whose acts range from soul groups to DJs.
Six-piece soul band The Fedz will open the festival on Sunday, June 23, supported by soloist Stevie H.
The High Rollers then take to the stage on Sunday, July 21 accompanied by Dale Diamond.
To close the event, The Contacts will play an afternoon of motown and soul on Sunday, August 18, with DJ Steve Walsh also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
Each concert takes place between 2pm-6pm and are free of charge.
Cllr Kay Mayor, Chairman of Fenland District Council and Whittlesey Town Council's Community Projects Committee, said: "I hope as many people as possible come along to enjoy these free of charge concerts."
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
For more information, please contact Whittlesey Town Council on 01733 351296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.