Popular Whittlesey festival aims to attract Fen music fans this Summer
- Credit: Archant
A popular Whittlesey festival aims to entice Fen music fans this summer.
Music on the Square will host a series of concerts at the Buttercross in Market Square, whose acts range from soul groups to DJs.
Six-piece soul band The Fedz will open the festival on Sunday, June 23, supported by soloist Stevie H.
The High Rollers then take to the stage on Sunday, July 21 accompanied by Dale Diamond.
To close the event, The Contacts will play an afternoon of motown and soul on Sunday, August 18, with DJ Steve Walsh also in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
Each concert takes place between 2pm-6pm and are free of charge.
Cllr Kay Mayor, Chairman of Fenland District Council and Whittlesey Town Council's Community Projects Committee, said: "I hope as many people as possible come along to enjoy these free of charge concerts."
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
For more information, please contact Whittlesey Town Council on 01733 351296 or email email@example.com.