WIN!: Cambs author ‘interviews’ cats at Fenland animal shelter about new book - and you can win signed copy
A QUIRKY kitty who’ll purr for catmint and a feline femme fatale lamenting her first crush are two cats which feature in funny films shot at a Fenland animal shelter.
The short movies were filmed at the RSPCA’s Block Fen animal shelter in Wimblington to promote The Tygrine Cat On the Run - the latest novel by Cambridgeshire children’s author Inbali Iserles.
Published by Walker Books the novel, released earlier this month, is the sequel to Inbali’s award-winning debut novel, The Tygrine Cat.
The series follow the adventures of Mati, a threatened feline prince sheltering amongst a community of street cats.
Inbali said: “I’m a big fan of funny videos on YouTube and an even bigger fan of all things cat.
“The Tygrine Cat series are books where you see the world from the eyes of cats. It seemed fitting to ‘interview’ cats and gauge their views as to what they might read and their thoughts on the books.”
A lifelong supporter of cat welfare charities, Inbali was impressed by the work done by staff and volunteers when she visited the state-of-the-art shelter.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
She said: “They do amazing work. Staff really do give their cats and dogs all the attention they deserve. They put enormous energy into rehoming the animals in their care and giving them a second chance.”
Retailing at �5.99, The Tygrine Cat On the Run is available from Amazon, Walker Books and all good bookshops.
• We have a signed copy of The Tygrine Cat and The Tygrine Cat On the Run to give away in a competition. For your chance to win, answer this question:
What is the name of the feline prince followed in The Tygrine Cat series?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number to The Tygrine Cat Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than Friday February 11. Alternatively, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be the first answer drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Entry is restricted to readers who live in the catchment area of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.
Archant competition rules apply.
• Archant Limited may wish to contact you about special offers, products and services by e-mail from time to time. If you WOULD like to be contacted by e-mail please include your e-mail address on your postal entry or mark your e-mail entry with ‘Agreed to contact’.