WIN!: See classic GTs and F1 cars in action at Silverstone festival
IF you are a petrolhead who would like to spend a day at Silverstone’s classic race festival, you had better be quick off the mark.
We have teamed up with the circuit to offer five family tickets to the glorious celebration of British racing heritage on Saturday, July 24.
There will be 800 cars spanning seven decades of motorsport on show and the chance to watch 23 races between Grand Prix cars, saloons, single seaters and GT racers.
The highlight will be six classic F1 races to mark the 60th anniversary of the first World Championship Grand Prix, which was held at Silverstone in 1950.
But even if the on-track action doesn’t take your fancy, there is plenty to keep people entertained with air displays, fun fairs and live music.
You may also want to watch:
X-Factor stars Jedward will headline the acts, which also include fellow contestants Danyl Johnson and Ruth Lorenzo.
In addition, there will be hotrod burn-outs, a display of more than 6,000 classic cars and a retail park.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
The five lucky winning families will be given access all areas tickets worth nearly �100, which will allow you to get up close to the action in the paddock. Tickets also include car parking and grandstand seating.
• To be in with a chance of winning one of the family tickets, see this week’s Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard.