WIN!: See classic GTs and F1 cars in action at Silverstone festival
IF you are a petrolhead who would like to spend a day at Silverstone’s classic race festival, you had better be quick off the mark.
We have teamed up with the circuit to offer five family tickets to the glorious celebration of British racing heritage on Saturday, July 24.
There will be 800 cars spanning seven decades of motorsport on show and the chance to watch 23 races between Grand Prix cars, saloons, single seaters and GT racers.
The highlight will be six classic F1 races to mark the 60th anniversary of the first World Championship Grand Prix, which was held at Silverstone in 1950.
But even if the on-track action doesn’t take your fancy, there is plenty to keep people entertained with air displays, fun fairs and live music.
You may also want to watch:
X-Factor stars Jedward will headline the acts, which also include fellow contestants Danyl Johnson and Ruth Lorenzo.
In addition, there will be hotrod burn-outs, a display of more than 6,000 classic cars and a retail park.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 7 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
The five lucky winning families will be given access all areas tickets worth nearly �100, which will allow you to get up close to the action in the paddock. Tickets also include car parking and grandstand seating.
• To be in with a chance of winning one of the family tickets, see this week’s Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard.