WIN!: Tickets to Whistle Down The Wind at Cambridge Corn Exchange
WE have got FOUR pairs of tickets up for grabs to see Whistle Down The Wind, the Cambridge Corn Exchange’s summer exhibition which runs from July 15-18.
Based on the classic and much loved 1960s film starring Hayley Mills, Whistle Down The Wind is an extraordinary and uplifting tale about the transforming power of love.
Featuring the area’s finest amateur cast, this show is set in an English village where a 14-year-old girl discovers a mysterious man hiding in a barn.
The girl and the town’s other children vow to protect the stranger from the world that waits outside. Meanwhile the town’s people are determined to catch a fugitive.
With songs such as ‘Angels’ and ‘Please Jesus’ all performed to the backing of a live orchestra, this really will be a summer treat for all the family.
Presented by the Corn Exchange and Sky Blue Theatre, director Frances Brownlie said: “I’m very pleased about this forthcoming production. I directed it 25 years ago at the legendary Minnack Theatre in Cornwall, where it sold out every night and it is the first time it has been done in Cambridge. Whistle Down The Wind is a wonderful story, enthralling and powerful.”
We have four pairs of tickets worth �28 per pair, to be won for the performance which takes place on July 16 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
INFO: www.cornex.co.uk or call 01223 457555.
• To be in with a chance of winning answer the following question:
Which child actress starred in the original film of Whistle Down the Wind?
To enter, email your answer by clicking the link at the top of this page. Please remember to include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Entries close at noon on Tuesday July 13. The winners will be the first four answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
• Archant Limited may wish to contact you about special offers, products and services by email from time to time. If you WOULD like to be contacted by email mark your email entry with ‘Agreed to contact’.