Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club revving up for 20th annual road run
HISTORIC vehicles dating back to the 1920s will grace Cambridgeshire’s roads once again this weekend for an annual road run.
Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club’s road run starts and finishes at Somers Road car park, in Wisbech. It consists of an 80-mile route around Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire and visits Perkins Engines in Peterborough for a brief static display.
This year’s event is the 20th anniversary of the run and organisers hope it will be bigger and better than ever before. Classic and historic cars, commercials and motorbikes will all feature in the run, with proceeds going to charity.
Since the club started, more than �10,000 has been collected and distributed to good causes including the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Vehicles owned by club members range in age from the 1920s to the 1980s and encompass most modes of road transport. There are vans and commercials, vintage and classic cars, motorcycles and scooters.
You may also want to watch:
Some members own classic caravans and camper vans, buses, emergency and military vehicles. Some attend shows and rallies around the countryand have won prestigious awards. Others are still used as everyday transport.
For more information about the club visit http://www.brmmbrmm.com/wisbech
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met