Wisbech artist to open her first solo exhibition at the Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND illustrator, artist and writer Julie Parker will be opening her first solo exhibition at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech on Sunday, selling a range of her prints and original artwork.
Julie, 29, who lives in Wisbech, is also due to publish two children’s E-books this month, after setting up her own publishing company called Bread Monkey Books.
Julie said: “My work is mainly watercolours and dip pen work, and all the work offered for sale will be signed. Some will be in frames, while others will be in mounts. There will be professional prints for sale, as well as some limited editions.”
The opening event on Sunday runs from 2pm to 7pm. Entry is free and the local scouts will be serving nibbles and drinks, in exchange for donations from the public. The theatre bar will be open.
At the preview event, Julie will also offer a selection of mini-prints for sale. A tablet will also be available, so visitors can view her website and her E-books being released on Amazon, My Batty Book of Poems, and Dragon School: Billy and the Terrible Toasted Sandwiches..
You may also want to watch:
Julie said: “ I hope this exhibition is to be to be the start of many exhibitions to come. I have another exhibition lined up at Cambridge Arts Picture House during Apri, which is all very exciting. I believe life is all about taking leaps of faith, being yourself and following your heart.”
The exhibition at The Angles Theatre runs until February 28, and access is available during the theatre’s opening hours.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
For more information see Julie’s website, www.julieillustration.co.uk; and more details of the exhibition can be seen at the events Facebook page: