Wisbech churches prepare to stage 50th anniversary Rose Fair
- Credit: Archant
DURING Rose Fair Wisbech takes on a festive atmosphere, celebrating its horticultural heritage with four separate flower festivals.
At St Peter and St Paul’s Church, the floral theme is Floral Pageant.
From Wednesday to Saturday, the church gardens will host a variety of stalls selling local produce and plants, cakes and preserves, crafts and gifts.
The church is open until 7pm most evenings, with a preview evening on Tuesday from 7.30-9pm.
Rose Fair Choral Evensong is held each day in church at 4.30pm and there is a civic service on July 7, at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
At Wisbech Baptist Church, the flower festival theme is Festival and God’s Church Family. The church will be open Wednesday to Saturday, 10am-5pm.
The theme at the United Reformed Church is Biblical (faith). The festival runs from Wednesday to Friday, 10am-4pm, and Saturday 9.30am-4pm, followed by an epilogue on Saturday at 4.15pm.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Visiting organists will play each day, with stalls selling bric-a-brac and books.
Trinity Methodist Church has chosen Bountiful Earth for its theme. It is open from Wednesday to Saturday, 9am-5pm. There will be stalls and organ recitals.
Also during the Rose Fair, there will be entertainment in Museum Square, exhibitions in the museum, an art exhibition in Wisbech Castle, and a display of historic vehicles.
Wisbech yacht harbour will also hold an open day on July 6, from 10am-6pm.