Wisbech churches prepare to stage 50th anniversary Rose Fair
- Credit: Archant
DURING Rose Fair Wisbech takes on a festive atmosphere, celebrating its horticultural heritage with four separate flower festivals.
At St Peter and St Paul’s Church, the floral theme is Floral Pageant.
From Wednesday to Saturday, the church gardens will host a variety of stalls selling local produce and plants, cakes and preserves, crafts and gifts.
The church is open until 7pm most evenings, with a preview evening on Tuesday from 7.30-9pm.
Rose Fair Choral Evensong is held each day in church at 4.30pm and there is a civic service on July 7, at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
At Wisbech Baptist Church, the flower festival theme is Festival and God’s Church Family. The church will be open Wednesday to Saturday, 10am-5pm.
The theme at the United Reformed Church is Biblical (faith). The festival runs from Wednesday to Friday, 10am-4pm, and Saturday 9.30am-4pm, followed by an epilogue on Saturday at 4.15pm.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 9 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
Visiting organists will play each day, with stalls selling bric-a-brac and books.
Trinity Methodist Church has chosen Bountiful Earth for its theme. It is open from Wednesday to Saturday, 9am-5pm. There will be stalls and organ recitals.
Also during the Rose Fair, there will be entertainment in Museum Square, exhibitions in the museum, an art exhibition in Wisbech Castle, and a display of historic vehicles.
Wisbech yacht harbour will also hold an open day on July 6, from 10am-6pm.