Wisbech churches prepare to stage 50th anniversary Rose Fair
- Credit: Archant
DURING Rose Fair Wisbech takes on a festive atmosphere, celebrating its horticultural heritage with four separate flower festivals.
At St Peter and St Paul’s Church, the floral theme is Floral Pageant.
From Wednesday to Saturday, the church gardens will host a variety of stalls selling local produce and plants, cakes and preserves, crafts and gifts.
The church is open until 7pm most evenings, with a preview evening on Tuesday from 7.30-9pm.
Rose Fair Choral Evensong is held each day in church at 4.30pm and there is a civic service on July 7, at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
At Wisbech Baptist Church, the flower festival theme is Festival and God’s Church Family. The church will be open Wednesday to Saturday, 10am-5pm.
The theme at the United Reformed Church is Biblical (faith). The festival runs from Wednesday to Friday, 10am-4pm, and Saturday 9.30am-4pm, followed by an epilogue on Saturday at 4.15pm.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
Visiting organists will play each day, with stalls selling bric-a-brac and books.
Trinity Methodist Church has chosen Bountiful Earth for its theme. It is open from Wednesday to Saturday, 9am-5pm. There will be stalls and organ recitals.
Also during the Rose Fair, there will be entertainment in Museum Square, exhibitions in the museum, an art exhibition in Wisbech Castle, and a display of historic vehicles.
Wisbech yacht harbour will also hold an open day on July 6, from 10am-6pm.