Wisbech cinema venue for British Independent Film Festival next weekend
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH cinema will showcase some of the UK’s most exciting independent films on May 10 and 11.
Luxe Cinema, Alexandra Road, Wisbech, is one of 11 locations hosting The British Independent Film Festival 2013, which celebrates quality independent filmmaking.
Since starting in 2006, The Film Festival Guild, who manage The British Independent Film Festival, has grown to manage four film festivals, complete with awards ceremonies.
The four nominees for best feature film and the eight candidates for best short film will be shown over the two days.
For more information about the festival go to www.thefilmfestivalguild.com
You may also want to watch:
Best Feature Film contenders:
Dead Cat, Saving the Titanic, Geezas and Sanctuary.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
Best Short Film contenders:
Father/son, Foxes, Indoor, The Horsemen, The Wend, Amores Passageiros (Love Drain), The Voorman Problem and Happy Birthday Jim.