Wisbech cinema venue for British Independent Film Festival next weekend
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH cinema will showcase some of the UK’s most exciting independent films on May 10 and 11.
Luxe Cinema, Alexandra Road, Wisbech, is one of 11 locations hosting The British Independent Film Festival 2013, which celebrates quality independent filmmaking.
Since starting in 2006, The Film Festival Guild, who manage The British Independent Film Festival, has grown to manage four film festivals, complete with awards ceremonies.
The four nominees for best feature film and the eight candidates for best short film will be shown over the two days.
For more information about the festival go to www.thefilmfestivalguild.com
You may also want to watch:
Best Feature Film contenders:
Dead Cat, Saving the Titanic, Geezas and Sanctuary.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
Best Short Film contenders:
Father/son, Foxes, Indoor, The Horsemen, The Wend, Amores Passageiros (Love Drain), The Voorman Problem and Happy Birthday Jim.