Wisbech Rose Fair is here again from June 30 to July 4
THE Wisbech Rose Fair, one of the town’s most prestigious events, is being held from June 30 to July 4.
The theme for the floral displays in 2010 is ‘Saturday Night at the Movies’. A huge range of entertainments is planned, some traditional and some new.
St Peter’s Church is integral to the Rose Fair and is open to view the exhibits most days until 8pm. Entrance is free but donations are appreciated.
During Rose Fair the church is surrounded by a wide variety of stalls selling produce and cakes, plants and flowers, crafts, gifts and bric-a-brac and more.
There are also floral displays in the other town centre churches, each of which has its own theme.
You may also want to watch:
On Rose Fair Saturday. a grand parade of floats organised by the Round Table tours the town at 11am and 2pm. The theme of the Parade is ‘Famous Places’.
Other entertainment during the Rose Fair includes an art exhibition at Wisbech Castle, performances in Castle Square and exhibitions in the Museum.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
New this year is a cinema screening of two films: Reach for the Sky with Kenneth More, and Dean Spanley with Peter O’Toole, a film which was shot almost entirely on location in Wisbech. These will be shown at the Luxe Cinema in Alexandra Road.