Wisbech Rose Fair is here again from June 30 to July 4
THE Wisbech Rose Fair, one of the town’s most prestigious events, is being held from June 30 to July 4.
The theme for the floral displays in 2010 is ‘Saturday Night at the Movies’. A huge range of entertainments is planned, some traditional and some new.
St Peter’s Church is integral to the Rose Fair and is open to view the exhibits most days until 8pm. Entrance is free but donations are appreciated.
During Rose Fair the church is surrounded by a wide variety of stalls selling produce and cakes, plants and flowers, crafts, gifts and bric-a-brac and more.
There are also floral displays in the other town centre churches, each of which has its own theme.
On Rose Fair Saturday. a grand parade of floats organised by the Round Table tours the town at 11am and 2pm. The theme of the Parade is ‘Famous Places’.
Other entertainment during the Rose Fair includes an art exhibition at Wisbech Castle, performances in Castle Square and exhibitions in the Museum.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 9 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
New this year is a cinema screening of two films: Reach for the Sky with Kenneth More, and Dean Spanley with Peter O’Toole, a film which was shot almost entirely on location in Wisbech. These will be shown at the Luxe Cinema in Alexandra Road.