Wisbech’s festival is a rocking success says councillor in blog
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Rock Festival attracted huge crowds at the weekend and wowed audiences among them Councillor Steve Tierney who is already looking forward to next year’s event.
Writing on his on-line blog the town and district councillor said: “ ... And we’re done for another year!
“As usual, I feel like I could sleep for a 1,000 years. But the Rock Festival grew again – both in terms of scope of the show and in attendance. We think that at the high point, in both stage areas, we may have had between 1,500 and 2,000 people in attendance.
“We are also aware that through the eight hour set a very great many people arrived, left and switched around. So full attendance is hard to guess, but we believe there were between 3,000 and 4,000 people at the Rock Festival throughout the day.
“Everybody seemed to have an amazing time. It helped that the weather was so great and the bands so entertaining, but the people of Wisbech were ready to Rock and Roll and that’s what they did.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite the large numbers and frenetic activity, the event was managed smoothly and there was no significant problems or trouble. Even though, for the first time, we had a beer tent on site.
“Anyway, very tired. Amazing work from David Oliver, Jess Oliver, Sam Hoy, Tom Read and all the many people involved. Great to see so many councillors there this year. I have promised I won’t mention those that didn’t turn up and so I shall not (because nobody is surprised.)
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
“Rock on 2016.”