Wisbech theatre group to ‘cause some trouble’
- Credit: Archant
Theatrical group, Troublemakers, are to perform at Meadowgate School in Wisbech on Wednesday
The group has been newly set up by Eddie’s (Local Support for People with Learning Difficulties) with help from a Children In Need grant.
Its aim is to provide young people who have learning disabilities with the opportunity to develop their performing arts skills and try new creative activities.
Their motto, to ‘Dance your socks off, Sing your heart out, Act the part and cause some Trouble’, has seen the group work together on a new short film over the past two terms.
Once Upon a Time has been written by Troublemakers and incorporates other familiar characters and stories and will debut on the evening.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a talent showcase where each of the young people will perform various acts, including: singing, cheerleading and magic.
There will then be a glittery grand finale and award ceremony.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Jenny Bryant of Eddies said: “Our young people are extremely excited about their work and wish to share it with as many people as they can.”
She added that there are currently only three young members and a team of staff – a performing arts tutor, support worker – and three volunteers.
“We are sure there must be many more young people with learning difficulties who would benefit from our group.
“It is such a pleasure working with these talented youngsters and it would be great for them to see their group grow,” she added, “giving them many more performing opportunities”.
The performance will take place on Wednesday, July 1, from 4.15-5pm.