Wisbech writer and actress Anette Mutton bringing her one woman show about Marlene Dietrich to the Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech born actress is returning home to perform a one woman show she has written about Marlene Dietrich.
An Evening with Marlene Dietrich, by Anette Mutton, is a musical theatre piece about the life and career of an icon who dominated the world stage from 1930 to 1974.
Born in 1901, Marlene became a Hollywood star in the 1930s and then sang for the Allies on the front line during the Second World War.
This was followed by a long career as a cabaret artist, touring the world with her arranger and friend Burt Bacharach.
She said: “My mother used to play some of Marlene Dietrich’s songs and she sang in a really deep voice like I do.
You may also want to watch:
“I was reading Marlene’s autobiography and realized she had a fascinating life so I started writing a show about her.
“Marlene had such a long career that many people are still around who saw her in the flesh.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
“My aunt and uncle who are coming to the show saw her at The Cafe de Paris in London.
“I was born in Wisbech and lived there until I was eight, attending the local convent. I am very pleased to be revisiting the town of my birth at the beginning of the tour.”
The show takes place at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech today (Sept 5) at 7.30pm. Tickets are £11, £9 concessions. Recommended for over 14s. For tickets call the box office on 01945 474447 or go to www.anglestheatre.co.uk