Wonderful evening of song promised with Huntingdon Male Voice Choir at Peterborough Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Male Voice Choir will be performing at Peterborough Cathedral on Saturday February 17.
This home-grown ensemble has been entrancing hundreds of thousands of people for over half a century, and has performed at a number of significant events, including the London Welsh Festival of Male Choirs at the Royal Albert Hall.
The choir has also provided pre-match entertainment for rugby finals at both Twickenham and Wembley, and has won the accolade of ‘Choir of the Day’ on BBC Radio 3 on three occasions. The choir celebrated its 50th anniversary in October 2012 with a sell-out concert at Ely Cathedral.
Huntingdon Male Voice Choir has been under the musical direction of Peter Davies for over 20 years – formerly the internationally-renowned Festival Director of the Cornwall International Male Choral Festival – and will be accompanied on the night by celebrated local soloist Joanna Goldspink.
The concert will begin at 7.30pm, and tickets range from £12 to £15 (unreserved seating). Call 01832 274734 or 01733 452336 to book.
You may also want to watch:
The proceeds from this concert will go towards the upkeep of Peterborough Cathedral, which is celebrating its 900th anniversary this year.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail