Wonderful Wizard of Oz comes to the Cresset Theatre this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and its star studded cast will come to The Cresset Theatre in Peterborough this Christmas.
The pantomime will see Steven Arnold, best known for the 15 years he spent playing lovable Ashley Peacock in ‘Coronation Street’, take on the comedic role of the Scarecrow.
Lucy-Jane Quinlan, who has performed in productions at both The Cresset and the Key Theatre, will play Dorothy. Cresset audience favourites Zach Vanderfelt and Lawrence Stubbings will return, this time playing the Cowardly Lion and Tin Man.
The Wicked Witch will be played by TV actress Linda Clark, who has appeared in Emmerdale, Coronation Street and as a witch in Doctor Who, while Peter McCrohon will return to the Cresset, this time as the Wonderful Wizard.
The pantomime is produced by Premier Pantomimes, who have been putting on shows at The Cresset for the last eight years.
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz runs from December 11 to 30.
Tickets, which cost £8 each, are available by calling the box office on 01733 265705 or by visiting www.cresset.co.uk
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks