Wonderful Wizard of Oz comes to the Cresset Theatre this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and its star studded cast will come to The Cresset Theatre in Peterborough this Christmas.
The pantomime will see Steven Arnold, best known for the 15 years he spent playing lovable Ashley Peacock in ‘Coronation Street’, take on the comedic role of the Scarecrow.
Lucy-Jane Quinlan, who has performed in productions at both The Cresset and the Key Theatre, will play Dorothy. Cresset audience favourites Zach Vanderfelt and Lawrence Stubbings will return, this time playing the Cowardly Lion and Tin Man.
The Wicked Witch will be played by TV actress Linda Clark, who has appeared in Emmerdale, Coronation Street and as a witch in Doctor Who, while Peter McCrohon will return to the Cresset, this time as the Wonderful Wizard.
The pantomime is produced by Premier Pantomimes, who have been putting on shows at The Cresset for the last eight years.
You may also want to watch:
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz runs from December 11 to 30.
Tickets, which cost £8 each, are available by calling the box office on 01733 265705 or by visiting www.cresset.co.uk
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack