Wonderful Wizard of Oz comes to the Cresset Theatre this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and its star studded cast will come to The Cresset Theatre in Peterborough this Christmas.
The pantomime will see Steven Arnold, best known for the 15 years he spent playing lovable Ashley Peacock in ‘Coronation Street’, take on the comedic role of the Scarecrow.
Lucy-Jane Quinlan, who has performed in productions at both The Cresset and the Key Theatre, will play Dorothy. Cresset audience favourites Zach Vanderfelt and Lawrence Stubbings will return, this time playing the Cowardly Lion and Tin Man.
The Wicked Witch will be played by TV actress Linda Clark, who has appeared in Emmerdale, Coronation Street and as a witch in Doctor Who, while Peter McCrohon will return to the Cresset, this time as the Wonderful Wizard.
The pantomime is produced by Premier Pantomimes, who have been putting on shows at The Cresset for the last eight years.
You may also want to watch:
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz runs from December 11 to 30.
Tickets, which cost £8 each, are available by calling the box office on 01733 265705 or by visiting www.cresset.co.uk
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year