Work colleagues at East Cambs council combine talent to release single to boost mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
Two work colleagues, who have raised money for charity by busking, are bringing in more cash for charity by releasing a single of their own song.
Singer Jules Atkins of Ely and guitarist Mike Rowe, of Christchurch, who works at East Cambs District Council, have been performing together for four years under the name Two Free.
They have raised more than £600 by busking around Ely and Downham Market for cancer charities and are now spreading their wings to raise more money for cancer and also the mental health charity Sane by releasing a single called Angels.
Ms Atkins said: “We both get a lot of pleasure from performing but also find music very therapeutic.
“It started out as an amateur thing for fun but we have realised it is also a good way to bring in money for good causes which is why we decided to release the single on iTunes, Google play and Spotify.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Atkins fought and beat cancer in and Mr Rowe has suffered with depression and the pair says they have both found music a healing tool in their lives and hope to spread that through their performances.
“Already charity pages have picked it up and re posted the song, including a site in Australia,” said Ms Atkins.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
For details on how to buy their song visit their Facebook page TwoFree.