Work colleagues at East Cambs council combine talent to release single to boost mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
Two work colleagues, who have raised money for charity by busking, are bringing in more cash for charity by releasing a single of their own song.
Singer Jules Atkins of Ely and guitarist Mike Rowe, of Christchurch, who works at East Cambs District Council, have been performing together for four years under the name Two Free.
They have raised more than £600 by busking around Ely and Downham Market for cancer charities and are now spreading their wings to raise more money for cancer and also the mental health charity Sane by releasing a single called Angels.
Ms Atkins said: “We both get a lot of pleasure from performing but also find music very therapeutic.
“It started out as an amateur thing for fun but we have realised it is also a good way to bring in money for good causes which is why we decided to release the single on iTunes, Google play and Spotify.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Atkins fought and beat cancer in and Mr Rowe has suffered with depression and the pair says they have both found music a healing tool in their lives and hope to spread that through their performances.
“Already charity pages have picked it up and re posted the song, including a site in Australia,” said Ms Atkins.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
For details on how to buy their song visit their Facebook page TwoFree.