Work of UK’s finest young illustrators showcased at Cambridge Anglia Ruskin University exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The work of some of the UK’s most talented young illustrators has gone on show in Cambridge.
Following a successful run at the Candid Arts Trust Gallery in London, the work of the Anglia Ruskin University’s students is on display at the Ruskin Gallery on East Road, Cambridge until March 14.
Three graduates from the university’s MA Children’s Book Illustration course – Suzanne Barton, Steve Antony and Victoria Turnbull – were named on the six person shortlist for the 2015 Waterstones Children’s Book Prize.
The exhibition includes work by Dave Barrow, who won the 2015 Sebastian Walker Award. Set up in honour of Walker Book’s founder, the prize aims to discover and celebrate promising new illustration talent.
Since publishing Birgitta Sif’s debut picture book, Oliver, two and a half years ago, Walker Books has gone on to work with eight Anglia Ruskin graduates who have collectively sold 135,000 copies.
You may also want to watch:
Professor Martin Salisbury, course leader of the MA in Children’s Book Illustration at Anglia Ruskin University, said: “Our collaboration with Walker Books has been and continues to be a major inspiration for our students.
“Seeing the work of so many recent graduates published by Walker [including Jenni Desmond, Nikalas Catlow, Katie May Green, Daisy Hirst, Valentina Mendicino, Gemma O’Callaghan and Birgitta Sif] is an indication of our close connection over recent years.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The exhibition is free to attend and will be on show at the Ruskin Gallery, on Anglia Ruskin’s East Road campus.
The gallery is open Monday-Saturday, 10am-4.30pm.