World cabbage throwing competition comes to this year’s Holbeach Town and Country Fayre
- Credit: Archant
THE world cabbage throwing competition is one of the highlights of this year’s Holbeach Town and Country Fayre.
Previously the Holbeach Vintage Rally, the event is now in its 19th year and showcases all manner of vintage tractors, lorries, cars, bikes and steam engines.
As well as cabbage throwing, the show ring hosts a variety of interesting events going on including a dog agility show, a junior kick-boxing display and lots more.
The event is non-profit making with all funds donated to charities within Holbeach and the surrounding area.
It takes place on June 15-16 at Kings Field, Fen Road, Holbeach (just off the B1168). Admission is £5 for adults, £3 for concessions.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visit the show’s Facebook Page or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road