X Factor 2004 runners-up G4 announce King’s Lynn Corn Exchange reunion show
- Credit: Archant
The band that finished as runners-up in the first ever series of The X Factor have reunited – and bring their tour to King’s Lynn next month.
G4, who were runners-up in 2004, brought classical music to British reality TV for the first time with their performance of Nessun Dorma.
The multi-platinum selling vocal quartet, whose eponymous debut album topped the charts in 2005, is touring to celebrate its 10-year anniversary.
G4 sold 245,000 copies in its first week of release and became the fastest selling album that year.
In 2007, after three albums, more than two million album sales and five sell-out tours, G4 disbanded to follow individual interests.
Frontman Jonathan Ansell said of the upcoming tour: “It’s incredibly exciting to be going back on the road with the boys for the first time in a number of years.
“You can expect the classic G4 treatment – lots of classic songs given the traditional G4 twist, and there will definitely be a surprise or two along the way.”
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
The tour comes to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on Monday, September 21. It begins at 7.30pm and will feature special guests Lucy Kay and The Rock Choir.
Tickets cost £26.50 (standard), £50 (meet and greet) and are available from the Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864 or at www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk