X Factor 2004 runners-up G4 announce King’s Lynn Corn Exchange reunion show
- Credit: Archant
The band that finished as runners-up in the first ever series of The X Factor have reunited – and bring their tour to King’s Lynn next month.
G4, who were runners-up in 2004, brought classical music to British reality TV for the first time with their performance of Nessun Dorma.
The multi-platinum selling vocal quartet, whose eponymous debut album topped the charts in 2005, is touring to celebrate its 10-year anniversary.
G4 sold 245,000 copies in its first week of release and became the fastest selling album that year.
In 2007, after three albums, more than two million album sales and five sell-out tours, G4 disbanded to follow individual interests.
You may also want to watch:
Frontman Jonathan Ansell said of the upcoming tour: “It’s incredibly exciting to be going back on the road with the boys for the first time in a number of years.
“You can expect the classic G4 treatment – lots of classic songs given the traditional G4 twist, and there will definitely be a surprise or two along the way.”
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
The tour comes to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on Monday, September 21. It begins at 7.30pm and will feature special guests Lucy Kay and The Rock Choir.
Tickets cost £26.50 (standard), £50 (meet and greet) and are available from the Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864 or at www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk