X Factor Joe McElderry brings his Set Your Soul Alive tour to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
X Factor Winner Joe McElderry comes to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange later this month as part of his nationwide Set Your Soul Alive tour.
McElderry bowled over the X Factor judges in 2009, when he was aged just 18, with his rendition of Luther Vandross’ Dance with my Father.
He also performed a brilliant duet with George Michael in the live televised semi-final before winning the competition.
Since winning the X Factor, McElderry has matured into one of the country’s most polished and popular singers. His ‘X factor’ ingredient springs from a mix of highly versatile yet accomplished singing styles from opera to rock.
His unique vocal talents hit the headlines recently when he starred in the live TV show Popstar To Operastar. Mentored by the tenor Rolando Villazon, he performed classical arias such as Nessun Dorma and won the show with 80 per cent of the public vote.
You may also want to watch:
McElderry is at the Corn Exchange on Sunday, June 15, from 7.30pm. Tickets cost £25 for adults, £23 for concessions and £17 for under-16s and students.
For more information, and to purchase tickets, contact the box office on 01553 764864.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
• Also at the Corn Exchange this month is an action-packed party featuring all the greatest hits from the 70s, including tracks Abba and Grease.
Dancing Queen will have the whole family dancing in the aisles of the Corn Exchange on Saturday, June 14.
The concert begins at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £19.50 (£16 concessions).
Then, on June 22, Carnaby Street - The Concert features the incredible hits of the 60s - a decade that brought the best rock and roll music of all time.
A six-piece band, led by an array of singers, will perform the great songs from the 60s in full costume for “One Night in the Marquee”, the famous 60’s club, birthplace of The Who, Manfred Mann, The Moody Blues and many more.
The concert begins at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £23.50.