X Factor Joe McElderry brings his Set Your Soul Alive tour to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
X Factor Winner Joe McElderry comes to King’s Lynn Corn Exchange later this month as part of his nationwide Set Your Soul Alive tour.
McElderry bowled over the X Factor judges in 2009, when he was aged just 18, with his rendition of Luther Vandross’ Dance with my Father.
He also performed a brilliant duet with George Michael in the live televised semi-final before winning the competition.
Since winning the X Factor, McElderry has matured into one of the country’s most polished and popular singers. His ‘X factor’ ingredient springs from a mix of highly versatile yet accomplished singing styles from opera to rock.
His unique vocal talents hit the headlines recently when he starred in the live TV show Popstar To Operastar. Mentored by the tenor Rolando Villazon, he performed classical arias such as Nessun Dorma and won the show with 80 per cent of the public vote.
McElderry is at the Corn Exchange on Sunday, June 15, from 7.30pm. Tickets cost £25 for adults, £23 for concessions and £17 for under-16s and students.
For more information, and to purchase tickets, contact the box office on 01553 764864.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
• Also at the Corn Exchange this month is an action-packed party featuring all the greatest hits from the 70s, including tracks Abba and Grease.
Dancing Queen will have the whole family dancing in the aisles of the Corn Exchange on Saturday, June 14.
The concert begins at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £19.50 (£16 concessions).
Then, on June 22, Carnaby Street - The Concert features the incredible hits of the 60s - a decade that brought the best rock and roll music of all time.
A six-piece band, led by an array of singers, will perform the great songs from the 60s in full costume for “One Night in the Marquee”, the famous 60’s club, birthplace of The Who, Manfred Mann, The Moody Blues and many more.
The concert begins at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £23.50.