X Factor winner James Arthur to open ‘summer nights’ at Newmarket Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
X Factor winner James Arthur has been announced as the first act at the summer of music events at Newmarket Racecourse.
The 2012 X Factor winner will entertain racegoers at Newmarket’s July Course on May 31 for the first ‘Summer Saturday Live’.
Arthur, 25, won the ninth series of The X Factor in 2012 and his debut single Impossible shot to the top of the charts, making it the fastest-selling single of any winner of The X Factor.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “It’s fantastic to be announcing the first of our two ‘Summer Saturdays Live’ in 2014.
“James Arthur is performing to sellout audiences across Europe and our spectators will love him when he brings his wonderful singing talent to The July Course.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be an occasion not to be missed.”
The ‘Summer Saturday Live’ on May 31 is an addition to Adnams Newmarket Nights.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Acts already confirmed for Newmarket Nights are James Blunt (June 27), Tom Jones (August 1) and Wet Wet Wet (August 15). Acts for the four other concerts at The July Course, on June 20, July 18 and 25, and August 8, will be announced shortly.
• Tickets for Summer Saturday Live with James Arthur cost £29 for the premier enclosure, £21 for grandstand and paddock and £15 for the family enclosure. Children aged five to 17 pay £16, £13 and £10 respectively.
Tickets are on sale at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or by telephone at 0844 579 3010.