Young Wisbech actor takes to West End stage
A WISBECH student moved a step closer to fulfilling his ambitions of stardom as he took to the West End stage.
Matthew Nunn, who is studying Musical Theatre at New College Stamford and Wildcats Academy, was one of only 100 students from across the country invited to perform in a production of Ghost at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London.
Matthew was thrilled to have been given the opportunity to perform in such prestigious surroundings.
He said: “I am so excited to have taken part in this amazing show, set in this stunning theatre in front of a fantastic crowd.
“The course at New College Stamford has given me the ability to improve my vocal training, theatre and audition skills and has provided me with some amazing opportunities to get first hand experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that I will be able to take these skills to the next level and pursue a career on the stage.”
Based on the popular film of the same title, the musical production of Ghost premiered at Manchester Opera House in March 2011 and enjoyed a four-month stint in the West End before moving to Broadway in March 2012.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
An official UK tour has been announced for April next year.
For more information about the course you can contact Wildcats on 01780 762000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.