Young Wisbech actor takes to West End stage
A WISBECH student moved a step closer to fulfilling his ambitions of stardom as he took to the West End stage.
Matthew Nunn, who is studying Musical Theatre at New College Stamford and Wildcats Academy, was one of only 100 students from across the country invited to perform in a production of Ghost at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London.
Matthew was thrilled to have been given the opportunity to perform in such prestigious surroundings.
He said: “I am so excited to have taken part in this amazing show, set in this stunning theatre in front of a fantastic crowd.
“The course at New College Stamford has given me the ability to improve my vocal training, theatre and audition skills and has provided me with some amazing opportunities to get first hand experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that I will be able to take these skills to the next level and pursue a career on the stage.”
Based on the popular film of the same title, the musical production of Ghost premiered at Manchester Opera House in March 2011 and enjoyed a four-month stint in the West End before moving to Broadway in March 2012.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
An official UK tour has been announced for April next year.
For more information about the course you can contact Wildcats on 01780 762000 or email email@example.com.