Town’s pubs and barbers re-open to the public as lockdown eases
- Credit: Archant
Whether it was seeking to repair the damage of DIY haircuts or hunting for that first post-lockdown pint, people in Fenland started making up for lost time at the weekend.
For the first time since March, pubs, barbers and hair salons including The Griffin and Riverside barbers opened for business with a new set of social distancing rules.
Riverside Barbers, who started work at 5.30am, did a roaring day of trade with more than 60 haircuts between opening and closing at 4pm.
Harry Rutter had the last appointment of the day, having not enjoyed a proper haircut since before lockdown.
He said: “There were no other guests allowed other than the person getting a cut. “Track and trace had to be completed, customers had to wear masks and use hand sanitiser before being seen to. “The hairdresser had a visor on and all the equipment was sanitised afterwards.
Meanwhile, Cakes and Daisies on Dartford Road made the most of re-opening with a balloon display at the entrance.
Ellen Lewis said: “The staff were all fully kitted out with PPE and they adhered to all social distancing measures. Super cafe, super professional team.” ?
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 10 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
How did you spend your first weekend out of lockdown?
• Send us your photos as life slowly starts to return to some normality!
• A socially distant pub selfie, or a before and after hair cut snap - whatever you got up to
• Send your pictures to email@example.com