Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill pays a visit to long-time supporter and sponsor
- Credit: Archant
Fenland featherweight Jordan Gill paid a visit to one of his long-time supporters as they prepare for the end of the potato harvesting season.
The boxer met George Munns of L & AE Munns and Son on Westmoor Farm near Chatteris, which has been supplying Sagitta potatoes since July.
Writing on social media, Mr Munns shared photographs from the last three months and thanked his team and customers, ranging from Scotland to the south of England, for their support.
Mr Munns wrote: “As we enter, what we anticipate will be the penultimate week of potato harvesting, it seems appropriate to share a few of the photos taken along the way.
“It’s a mixture of relief and pride to see such fine quality potatoes leaving the farm. Our thanks go out to the team.
You may also want to watch:
“Lucy Charlotte Munns, Jane Munns, Alan Cowdry, Serge Dubrov of Fenn Direct and to all the others who have worked tirelessly to get us within spitting distance of our conclusion.
“I am humbled and grateful to our many customers who have placed their trust in us and our potatoes. It seems a long time since we started lifting back in the later part of July!”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
Mr Munns added: “We couldn’t and wouldn’t have made the progress we have made without you all.”