Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill pays a visit to long-time supporter and sponsor
- Credit: Archant
Fenland featherweight Jordan Gill paid a visit to one of his long-time supporters as they prepare for the end of the potato harvesting season.
The boxer met George Munns of L & AE Munns and Son on Westmoor Farm near Chatteris, which has been supplying Sagitta potatoes since July.
Writing on social media, Mr Munns shared photographs from the last three months and thanked his team and customers, ranging from Scotland to the south of England, for their support.
Mr Munns wrote: “As we enter, what we anticipate will be the penultimate week of potato harvesting, it seems appropriate to share a few of the photos taken along the way.
“It’s a mixture of relief and pride to see such fine quality potatoes leaving the farm. Our thanks go out to the team.
You may also want to watch:
“Lucy Charlotte Munns, Jane Munns, Alan Cowdry, Serge Dubrov of Fenn Direct and to all the others who have worked tirelessly to get us within spitting distance of our conclusion.
“I am humbled and grateful to our many customers who have placed their trust in us and our potatoes. It seems a long time since we started lifting back in the later part of July!”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Mr Munns added: “We couldn’t and wouldn’t have made the progress we have made without you all.”