Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill pays a visit to long-time supporter and sponsor
- Credit: Archant
Fenland featherweight Jordan Gill paid a visit to one of his long-time supporters as they prepare for the end of the potato harvesting season.
The boxer met George Munns of L & AE Munns and Son on Westmoor Farm near Chatteris, which has been supplying Sagitta potatoes since July.
Writing on social media, Mr Munns shared photographs from the last three months and thanked his team and customers, ranging from Scotland to the south of England, for their support.
Mr Munns wrote: “As we enter, what we anticipate will be the penultimate week of potato harvesting, it seems appropriate to share a few of the photos taken along the way.
“It’s a mixture of relief and pride to see such fine quality potatoes leaving the farm. Our thanks go out to the team.
“Lucy Charlotte Munns, Jane Munns, Alan Cowdry, Serge Dubrov of Fenn Direct and to all the others who have worked tirelessly to get us within spitting distance of our conclusion.
“I am humbled and grateful to our many customers who have placed their trust in us and our potatoes. It seems a long time since we started lifting back in the later part of July!”
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
Mr Munns added: “We couldn’t and wouldn’t have made the progress we have made without you all.”