Doddington WILL be lit up for Christmas after switch-on cancelled due to Covid-19 pandemic
- Credit: Supplied/Bridget Knowles
Doddington may not be holding its annual light switch-on and craft fair event, but the village will still be lit up for Christmas this year.
The Doddington Christmas Lights Committee confirmed that the lights will be erected this month and in November, with the switch-on taking place on Saturday, November 28.
Although a street collection will not take place, collection tubs will be available in village shops, while ‘best lit house’ and ‘best lit window’ competitions will go ahead.
A spokesperson for the committee said: “We have listened to the community and have decided that we will be erecting the Doddington Christmas lights throughout the end part of October and into November.
“The switch on of the Christmas Lights will be on the final Saturday of November.”
You may also want to watch:
They added: “Please be assured that we will be monitoring and following any procedures put into place regarding Covid-19 and try our hardest to complete a full display.
“All we ask from you and the community is to please be patient if you see us out and about and stopping traffic, as we are only doing this for your safety.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“The best lit house competition will go ahead this year, but we will also be doing a best lit window competition too. We are also looking at putting a map together for all entries so everyone can enjoy all of the hard work people have done.”
To enter the competitions, email your name, address and contact number to Laura Kilby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last month, the Doddington Christmas Lights Committee announced the switch-on and craft fair event would be cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.