Benwick aims to keep festive spirit alive amid Covid-19 pandemic with lights switch-on
Benwick hopes to spread some festive cheer this year after it was announced their Christmas lights will be switched on.
Although no switch-on event will take place due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Benwick Christmas Lights Committee have decided lights will still be erected in the village.
A spokesperson for the committee said: “After much thought and planning, the Benwick Christmas Lights Committee have decided due to the government Covid restrictions to not have a switch-on event this year.
“However, we are pleased to confirm the lights will still be put up to bring some festive joy to the village during these challenging times.”
There will also be a competition to take part in as the village aims to keep the festive spirit alive during uncertain times.
The spokesperson added: “We will be running a best decorated house competition to try and get our village even more into the festive spirit.
“There will be a prize for the best dressed house and will be judged on the weekend before Christmas.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information on how to enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.