March Town end disappointing Rutland League campaign on positive note with dramatic victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town ended a disappointing Rutland League campaign with a dramatic victory on Sunday.
Despite losing five wickets for 69 runs, a 64-run partnership between Curtis Oldroyd and man of the match Jacob Gray guided March to 205-7 off 40 overs against Burghley Park 1sts in Division One.
In reply, Charlie Esson’s 104 kept the hosts up with the run rate, before being caught by Shae Pooley which led to a collapse from 171-5 to 192 all out with eight balls remaining.
Gray, who knocked an unbeaten 55, also impressed with the ball as he notched figures of 4-24, and Manuj Patel recorded 4-48.
There were also wickets for Pooley (1-31) and Sam Mason (1-29).
You may also want to watch:
Previously, March were beaten by 108 runs by Wisbech 1sts in a Rutland League derby at The Avenue, Callum Young claiming three wickets for the hosts while Lewis Welcher top scored with 31 runs.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director