March Town end disappointing Rutland League campaign on positive note with dramatic victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town ended a disappointing Rutland League campaign with a dramatic victory on Sunday.
Despite losing five wickets for 69 runs, a 64-run partnership between Curtis Oldroyd and man of the match Jacob Gray guided March to 205-7 off 40 overs against Burghley Park 1sts in Division One.
In reply, Charlie Esson’s 104 kept the hosts up with the run rate, before being caught by Shae Pooley which led to a collapse from 171-5 to 192 all out with eight balls remaining.
Gray, who knocked an unbeaten 55, also impressed with the ball as he notched figures of 4-24, and Manuj Patel recorded 4-48.
There were also wickets for Pooley (1-31) and Sam Mason (1-29).
You may also want to watch:
Previously, March were beaten by 108 runs by Wisbech 1sts in a Rutland League derby at The Avenue, Callum Young claiming three wickets for the hosts while Lewis Welcher top scored with 31 runs.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years