Park Ladies continue red-hot form with dominant league cup display
- Credit: Archant
It’s four straight wins for Park Ladies after a dominant display on the road.
Rob Mitchell’s side thrashed Burwell Tigers Ladies 7-1 in the Cambridgeshire Women’s League Cup group stage on Sunday, Georgia Stimson netting a hat-trick.
The Wimblington-based team capped a bright start with the opening goal thanks to Tinneisha Mott’s piledriver for her first Park goal.
Sherrie Downey poked home to double the lead, before Stimson finished a clever pass from Brooke Anderson to make it 3-0.
Stimson found the net once more as she tapped home a Downey pass, while a powerful run from Sophie Fenner allowed Casey Ward to earn her first of the season before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Park continued to dominate after the break, Downey converting an Erin Powell cross for 6-0 as Stimson latched onto a pinpoint pass from player of the match Georgia Payne to seal her treble.
Burwell did grab a last-minute consolation with a 35-yard free-kick against Park, who will be out of action owing to new coronavirus restrictions imposed on non-elite sport, including grassroots football, from Thursday until at least December 2.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million