Park Ladies continue red-hot form with dominant league cup display
- Credit: Archant
It’s four straight wins for Park Ladies after a dominant display on the road.
Rob Mitchell’s side thrashed Burwell Tigers Ladies 7-1 in the Cambridgeshire Women’s League Cup group stage on Sunday, Georgia Stimson netting a hat-trick.
The Wimblington-based team capped a bright start with the opening goal thanks to Tinneisha Mott’s piledriver for her first Park goal.
Sherrie Downey poked home to double the lead, before Stimson finished a clever pass from Brooke Anderson to make it 3-0.
Stimson found the net once more as she tapped home a Downey pass, while a powerful run from Sophie Fenner allowed Casey Ward to earn her first of the season before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Park continued to dominate after the break, Downey converting an Erin Powell cross for 6-0 as Stimson latched onto a pinpoint pass from player of the match Georgia Payne to seal her treble.
Burwell did grab a last-minute consolation with a 35-yard free-kick against Park, who will be out of action owing to new coronavirus restrictions imposed on non-elite sport, including grassroots football, from Thursday until at least December 2.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 6 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 7 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart